Sunday, May 13, 2012

Class Reflection


This English class 114B has taught me a lot. The most important aspect of it was the way it was a cohort all year round class. This made it easier to know everyone better and also grow a better relationship with Sean, our professor. I personally have always wanted low student count classes like this because we all get to know each other by our first name. In this class I learned how to think and write critically. Analyzing a piece of writing or paper never seemed to be so important to me but after this course I can read things in more depth to understand them farther. Thinking outside the box was a must in this class, it opened room for a more wide imagination that eventually lead us to making great conclusions. I really like how the class was never really boring, we had fun discussing in class and out of class topics. We mostly got off track and talked about other events not related to the subject in class, but we still did work. Sean allowed us to be free, have a voice and take part in each activity. I am glad he was lenient on all of our work or else I would have failed the class going into the first 2 months. I have learned not to procrastinate because in the end it will bite you in the ass by having to bust all nighters completing all your homework assignments, just like I am doing now. Overall I feel like have become a more better effective writer. At first writing two pages was a challenge but with the constant practice of havig to write papers I became better at it and now I don’t have a problem completing them, the only thing I still lack is effort and the drive to want to do it, what can I say…I’m lazy. The part that I hated most was the fact that the class was too damn early; a lot of my absences were responsible from me over sleeping or not being able to wake up. I’m glad I got to take this course, not only because I need it to complete my undergraduate program but because it was a fun course over all. But despite all I am saying I am more than glad that it is over! It truly was an easy course but I didn’t take is as serious as I should have because I was lazy. I have learned to get my work done on time now. Hopefully my future courses are like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment